Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ghostbusters: The Game

My husband and I played Ghostbusters The Game when we saw it in the open gaming room at the World BoardGaming Championships. Just the theme caught our eye and we had never heard anything about it before. We quickly saw its potential and bought a copy when we got home!


This game is very immersive. It makes you feel like you're really there with great artwork and components. I love that there's a little board representing the inside of the ecto-1. The instruction cards look like notes from a notebook. The only thing that I thought was odd is the cardboard circles representing proton streams don't fit around the bases of the ghost figures. They almost do, though, so it seems like they are meant to but they just don't quite make it.




The arrow on this is well designed and I love games where I can level up a character!
There were just a few things I wanted to enhance for this game. The minis for the ecto-1 and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man have lots of detail but are plain white. So I painted them.





I also made cardboard traps because there wasn't a good place to represent holding our captured ghosts until they are put back in the spirit world.

I want to at some point paint the Ghostbuster figures themselves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment